Shockwave Therapy for Foot & Ankle problems
- Shockwave Therapy for Foot & Ankle problems
The benefits of Shockwave Therapy for Foot Problems
- Non-invasive, Non-Surgical, No Analgesic, No Anesthetic
- A proven treatment in orthopaedic and podiatric medicine
- Faster recovery for both temporary and persistent pain
Shockwave therapy is used to to treat the following conditions
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Pain (tendinopathy)
- Heel Pain
- Shin Pain / Tibial Stress Syndrome
How Shockwave therapy can help:
- Pain Reduction: Many patients experience an instantaneous improvement in their pain symptoms after just one session. Shockwave therapy helps to disperse pain mediators and release trigger points.
- Promotion of Healing: Shockwave therapy can help initiate and encourage healing. The shockwaves increase nutrient blood flow and collagen production, as well as breaking down unwanted accumulation of calcium from previous trauma injury.
- Alternative to Surgery: Shockwave therapy is a more conservative option for treating Foot & Ankle disorders. Unlike surgery, shockwave therapy avoids the possibility of postoperative complication and prolonged recovery.
What is Shockwave therapy
Shockwave therapy involves applying mechanical external pressure above the location requiring treatment. Sound waves pass through the skin to vibrate tissues and stimulate healing and pain relief.
Typically shockwave therapy requires 3 sessions over 3 weeks. It is common to experience pain relief after each session but all 3 sessions are necessary to maximize the healing effect.